Monday, August 5, 2013

Hospitals in the Philippines and some personal stuffs.

Here I am.

Bumabawi ng lakas, sakit ng bangs ko dahil sa stress.

Two weeks ago, my mother was hospitalized. Her hemoglobin was so low she needed a blood transfusion. We found out about it because of monthly check-up, so the best option is to do it and check further for any internal bleeding that may have caused the drastic decline of hemoglobin.

I chose to have it done in a public hospital because it was more of precaution, because mom did not show any sign of illness: nausea, feeling faint, tired or such. We can do all the the things at a quarter of the price compared to Makati Medical. You see there's only the two of us, I can't get any help from any relatives because they have been experiencing some financial troubles and I have been raised to be independent from relatives. My mom would be mad stricken if I even tried to borrow money from relatives, and call it Pride or whatever but I won't do such too because I feel that I should not in any way show that I am incapable of taking care of my mother after all she have done adopting me, raising me and giving me all that I need in and during our younger days.

So, there we go! I decided to go to Sta. Ana Hospital to have the transfusion done, It is near us than the Ospital ng Makati in Pembo. That hospital gave me a good first impression because I have brought mom there for her UTI and to have her stitches after she had an accident at home (damn pets!).

After the grueling 24 hours of convincing my mom to stay there at the hospital and of looking for an O+ blood type around Manila, we where now transferred to the Phil health ward. I was expecting it to be at least air conditioned, but it wasn't. We only have to stay there for a week. Keri ko naman mag-tiis, at mas gusto din ni Mother ang ganuon na set-up.

Here are some pics to remind me of our stay:



as you can see above, there are many reminders in the room, one is the prohibition of charging any mobile devices which is a BUMMER! but i am a rogue :) sorry SAH, I have a lot of work to do, so my mobile phone is my life! I am the only attendant of my mom.

 

we are very lucky to have an extra bed for me to sleep, the room has four (4) beds: two are used by mom and another patient whom we call mommy and the other two will be used by the patient's attendants. Thank you SAH, the task of which I am responsible of is not such an agony to do. :) Thank God above all!

What you see in the second picture is a selfie or some sort haha! we have a good view via the large glass windows of the room. 



what do we have here? A visitor, Filipinos has some strange beliefs on animals and objects such as these, it is for the purpose of harboring positive vibes and calmness. I'd like to believe that this butterfly who stayed with us, on our side of the room is my deceased father. Bantay namin sya from the time we were transferred in the room and until the day we were discharged. An hour before we are about to go out, this butterfly was gone and nowhere to be seen.

So, how is my stay at the hospital? FULL OF DRAMA! 

I'm speaking of the family feud? Misunderstanding lang naman siguro ng mga anak at apo ni Mommy na roommate ng nanay ko :) I wish them well and I miss them already. I have been able to share some light moments with mommy's apo: Ronalyn and her anak, si ate whom I forgot to ask the name.

We had our own drama too, with a certain doctor. I think because of the stress I became arrogant to the point of even questioning the credibility of that certain doctor. Thanks to her doc at Makati Med, I regained myself. I do ask for forgiveness (I prayed) if ever I showed an air of arrogance.

The nurses are very helpful, and approachable, Some of them not :) sorry if I am very inquisitive, I am worrying about my mom, please understand that. I believe you do encourage patients and attendants to ask questions right? I am in no way questioning your capabilities. Sobrang nag-aalala lang po sorry. IT IS A MUST FOR PATIENTS TO ASK. DO THINK AND COMPREHEND EVERYTHING TOO SO AS TO MAKE THE DOCTOR AND THE NURSE'S JOB EASIER.

One nurse which is is a breath of fresh air is Christian and that nurse who was close to making me make my mom take the wrong medicine ( naku kung hindi mo ako inabutan, baka demanda na ang masusumpungan nyo! haha di bale next time ATE HA?! it's a lesson learned from you and it's not your fault entirely). Despite the long and very stressful wok environment, they still manage to smile and make jokes to ease us all in the room. Thank you so much!

The SAH was once, according to people whom I shall not name, a good hospital. There are much speculation about the big modification due to the new mayor. The SAH is a Lim project. If that is true, Mr. Joseph Estrada please do take some time in making new policies for the Hospital, MAKE IT BETTER rather than changing it. ASK THE PATIENTS AND/OR ATTENDANTS! They have much to tell you. THEY ARE THE RECIPIENT OF THE SERVICES YOUR CITY OFFERS! OF COURSE YOU NOR MR. LIM WILL NOT KNOW IT, BECAUSE YOU HAVE MONEY TO CONFINE YOURSELF TO SWANKY HOSPITALS IF EVER THE NEED ARISE. Am i right? Yes I am right!. :D :D well, if ever you did confine yourself to the a public hospital, they will treat you with much care because you are the not the common taos.

ALL IN ALL, Thank you SAH, although I am from Makati, you never turned us down. You never thwarted the goal of making my mother better!


No comments:

Post a Comment